Rules to Ride the Big Easy in style:
This is a fun ride so all riders must have fun! Wear an approved cycle helmet to protect your lid. Keep both hands on your handle bars to avoid the wobbles and shakes. Stay left while on the Hawke's Bay Trails.Sound a bell or call out to alert pedestrians before you pass them. Be a tidy Kiwi and take your litter with you or place it in an available bin. Be considerate of other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicles at all times as all roads will be open to other traffic. Please do not ride more than two abreast (no one likes a road hog!). Don’t cross the white line and be sure to obey the traffic laws at all time. There are Big Easy Marshalls located along the trail-look for them in the bright blue t-shirts.
Terms & Conditions
By completing an 'online' or 'on the day' registration you acknowledge, waiver and release from liability the sponsors, organisers and all other persons involved in the conduct of the event from all liability for injury or claims of whatever nature and however caused (including by negligence relating to my/our participation in this event. I/we also release and discharge all above persons from all actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, and penalties however arising (including negligence). I/we participate in this event entirely at my/our own risk. I/we can safely complete this event. I/we will abide by the organisers rules and decisions as final. Any information supplied or images taken may be used by the organisers for reasonable promotional purposes. In terms of the Privacy Act 1993. I/we agree that the organisers may collect information for event administration purposes.
1. I understand that competing in the event involves cycling on public roads and cycle trails used by other people and traffic and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, event personnel, weather conditions and my physical and mental state of health. In my judgement I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
2. I agree to abide by the rules of this event and waiver liability against the race organisers and sponsors, and agree to compete at my own risk.
3. I agree to the use of any photos or video footage being used for the promotion of this event.
4. I agree to receive information from the organisers of this event via mail or e-mail.
5. I agree that I have the permission and the right to sign this waver on behalf of any additional riders I register.
Passenger transportation will be via bus and bikes will be loaded into trucks. This option is to be taken at your own risk.
The event organisers take no responsibility for any damage to or loss of bikes should you use this option.